- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Taking Names: Yoko Ono: ‘Imagine’ initially ‘was not really accepted’
Yoko Ono: ‘Imagine’ initially ‘was not really accepted’
According to the Associated Press, she said the song, released in 1971, “was not really accepted … it wasn’t, ‘Wow!’ “
Lennon’s 78-year-old widow made the comments at the launch of Hard Rock and WhyHunger’s “Imagine There’s No Hunger” campaign in New York City's Times Square on Tuesday. The global campaign aims to raise money and awareness for childhood hunger and poverty in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
In 2004, Rolling Stone magazine ranked “Imagine” at No. 3 on its list of the “500 Greatest Songs of All Time.”
“Without Steve, Pixar wouldn’t exist,” he said of the company that has churned out such critically and commercially successful films as “Toy Story,” “Cars” and their sequels. “These films wouldn’t exist. I honor him.”
Jobs died Oct. 5 at age 56 after battling pancreatic cancer.
Mr. Lasseter - who received the 2,453rd star on the Walk of Fame, located in front of Disney’s El Capitan Theatre - also thanked his family, his colleagues and Pixar President Ed Catmull in his remarks.
Mr. Lasseter, who attended the ceremony decked out in one of his signature Hawaiian shirts, worn under a black blazer over jeans, called it “the greatest honor you could give me.” After the star itself was revealed, the giddy executive proceeded to lie down on it.
Hugh Grant becomes a father; baby’s mother not identified
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- White House touts leadership in handling of crisis in Ukraine, despite lack of results
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again