- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Man arrested after bar dispute with Celtics’ Rondo
LOWELL, MASS. (AP) - A man accused of taking a swing at Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo inside a Massachusetts nightclub has been released on personal recognizance.
Eric Valarezo, of Haverhill (HAY’-vruhl), said he’s innocent but had no further comment after leaving a Lowell court on Monday following arraignment on a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge. The case was continued after a prosecutor asked for more time to investigate.
Authorities say the 31-year-old Valarezo was arrested just before 2 a.m. Saturday at Brian’s Ivy Hall in Lowell. No one was hurt.
Club manager Kevin Hayhurst says Rondo and several others, including bodyguards and fellow NBA players, were part of a crowd leaving just before closing time and didn’t seem to be acting improperly.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.