- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
Andy Lally to return to Grand-Am Series
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Andy Lally will return to the Grand-Am Series in 2012 after spending the last season in NASCAR.
Lally will drive for Magnus Racing in the Rolex Sports Car Series GT division next year.
He was the rookie of the year in NASCAR’s elite Sprint Cup Series. He drove for underfunded TRG Motorsports but left the team before last weekend’s season finale.
Lally ran 30 NASCAR races this season, with a season-best finish of 19th at Talladega. He’s hoping to still run NASCAR, particularly road-course events.
Lally is a three-time Rolex Series champion and Grand-Am’s all-time mileage and podiums leader. He’s also a three-time Rolex 24 at Daytona winner.
He will team with owner/driver John Potter. The two teamed together in 2009 in the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick's parade that won't allow gays
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- BRUCE: The power of bossy
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014