- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Martinez wins the ‘Dancing’ mirrorball
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Actor J. R. Martinez is taking home the mirrorball trophy.
The Iraq war veteran was named “Dancing With the Stars” champion Tuesday, beating Rob Kardashian during the season-ending episode of the ABC hit.
Martinez hoisted the trophy with his professional partner, Karina Smirnoff.
The all-male finale was set up halfway through the final show when talk show host Ricki Lake was voted off, finishing third. Judges’ scores combined with viewer votes determined the winner.
The two-hour finale featured appearances from many of the season’s other contestants.
ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co.
AP Entertainment Writer Sandy Cohen can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/APsandy.
___ Online: http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- 'Be a leader' Perry tells Obama to confront border crisis
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs