- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Bills RB Jackson out for Sunday’s game vs Jets
Question of the Day
The blame can be evenly passed around, from an offensive line that has failed to overcome some key injuries to Fitzpatrick’s suddenly erratic throws. The slip-up has caught top receiver Stevie Johnson off guard.
“Yeah, it has because when you could move the ball so easy and when you feel like everything’s sharp, and the past few weeks it’s like, `How can we get a first down?’” said Johnson, who has been held to seven receptions over the past three games after compiling 39 catches in the first seven contests. “I can’t say it hasn’t shocked me, because it has.”
Fitzpatrick also acknowledged the slide has come as a surprise.
“It’s something that we’re looking to stop,” he said. “We’re trying to figure out some answers, and looking to see some results this week. We’re going to have to have some guys break some tackles, and we have to have some of those superhuman plays in order to get some big plays.”
But the task will be daunting without Jackson, who ranks third in the league in rushing with 934 yards.
NOTES: Johnson (shoulder), Nelson (illness), receiver Naaman Roosevelt (shoulder) and starting safety George Wilson (neck) didn’t practice Wednesday. … Fitzpatrick has had little success in his career against the Jets. He’s completed just 47.5 percent of his passes, and thrown four touchdowns and four interceptions in going 1-4 against them since 2008. … After Andy Levitre struggled replacing the injured Eric Wood at center against the Dolphins, Kraig Urbik will be moved to center this week. Levitre will be back at his normal left guard position. … The Bills and Jets have split the season series seven times since 2000. New York’s win in the first meeting this year launched Buffalo’s current three-game losing streak.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world