- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
Santana Moss’ return a welcome sight for Redskins’ offense
Question of the Day
He made the Pro Bowl last season with six interceptions, four of which came in one game against Chicago.
“I don’t know if this defense is built for a corner to go out here and get eight or nine picks,” he said. “It’s built to stop the deep ball and kind of manage the game. Outside linebackers get a lot of sacks. They’re kind of the primary guys in this defense and the strong safety. I don’t get a ton of opportunities.”
Hall has been a force in run defense, though. He is averaging 7.6 tackles per game according to Redskins coaches’ totals, up from 7.0 last season.
• Kicker Graham Gano has missed four of his past eight field goal attempts. Coach Mike Shanahan was asked if Gano is fighting for his job this week.
“Yes,” he said. “I think that’s the pressure of everybody having a good game or a bad game. That just goes with the territory.” …
• Strong safety LaRon Landry (Achilles tendon) fully participated in practice, which means he is expected to play Sunday. Linebacker Keyaron Fox (staph infection) also fully participated.
• Linebacker London Fletcher (left ankle) and receiver Niles Paul (sprained toe) did not practice.
• Offensive linemen Trent Williams (left knee), Jammal Brown (left groin), Sean Locklear (ankle), Maurice Hurt (knee) were limited in practice. So were cornerback Josh Wilson (hamstring) and safety DeJon Gomes (knee).
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- KEENE: Thinking outside nanny-state box with Paul Ryan
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq