- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Top cable programs for Nov. 14-20
Question of the Day
Rankings for the top 15 programs on cable networks as compiled by Nielsen for the week of Nov. 14-20. Day and start time (EST) are in parentheses:
1. NFL Football: Minnesota vs. Green Bay (Monday, 8:30 p.m.), ESPN, 9.99 million homes, 14.18 million viewers.
2. NFL Football: New York Jets vs. Denver (Thursday, 8:30 p.m.), NFLN, 4.87 million homes, 7.05 million viewers.
3. Auto Racing: NASCAR Sprint Cup (Sunday, 3 p.m.), ESPN, 4.54 million homes, 6.79 million viewers.
4. “SportsCenter” (Monday, 11:37 p.m.), ESPN, 4.47 million homes, 5.94 million viewers.
5. “Walking Dead” (Sunday, 9 p.m.), AMC, 4 million homes, 6.07 million viewers.
6. Auto Racing: Rain Delay (Sunday, 4:45 p.m.), ESPN, 3.5 million homes, 5.16 million viewers.
7. College Football: Nebraska at Michigan (Saturday, 12:02 p.m.), ESPN, 3.38 million homes, 4.23 million viewers.
8. “WWE Raw” (Monday, 10 p.m.), USA, 3.36 million homes, 4.9 million viewers.
9. “WWE Raw” (Monday, 9 p.m.), USA, 3.33 million homes, 5 million viewers.
10. “Storage Wars” (Tuesday, 10:30 p.m.), A&E, 3.07 million homes,, 4.23 million viewers.
11. “Jessie” (Friday, 9 p.m.), Disney, 3.02 million homes, 4.23 million viewers.
12. “SpongeBob SquarePants” (Saturday, 10:30 a.m.), Nickelodeon, 3.01 million homes, 4.32 million viewers.
13. “SpongeBob SquarePants” (Saturday, 9 a.m.), Nickelodeon, 3.009 million homes, 4.08 million viewers.
14. College Football: Oklahoma State vs. Iowa (Friday, 8 p.m.), ESPN, 3.004 million homes, 3.99 million viewers.
14. Movie: “The National Tree” (Sunday, 8 p.m.), Hallmark, 3.004 million homes, 4.01 million viewers.
USA is owned by Comcast’s NBCUniversal. ESPN and the Disney Channel are owned by the Walt Disney Co. Nickelodeon is owned by Viacom. AMC is owned by AMC Networks. NFLN is owned by the NFL Enterprises LLC. A&E is owned by the A&E Television Networks. The Hallmark Channel is owned by Crown Media Holdings, Inc.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq