- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
No. 4 Connecticut loses to Central Florida
PARADISE ISLAND, BAHAMAS (AP) - Marcus Jordan and Keith Clanton each scored 20 points, and Central Florida rallied to upset No. 4 Connecticut 68-63 in the semifinals of the Battle 4 Atlantis on Friday.
Jeremy Lamb had 15 points for the defending national champion Huskies (5-1), who lost for the first time since March 5 against Notre Dame. Alex Oriakhi had 14 points and 10 rebounds.
Connecticut put together a 10-0 run to take a 50-33 lead with 16 minutes left. Lamb sparked the run with a 3-pointer and also hit two free throws during the surge.
Lamb made another 3 to stretch the Huskies’ lead to five, but they couldn’t hold off the pesky Knights. Jordan converted a layup, then made two free throws to give Central Florida a 58-57 advantage with just over three minutes left. Jordan added four more foul shots down the stretch to preserve the big win.
Isaiah Sykes added 10 points for the Knights, including consecutive layups that stretched Central Florida’s lead to 62-57 late in the game.
Andre Drummond finished with 13 points, nine rebounds and four blocked shots for the Huskies, who led 38-29 at halftime.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.