- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
No. 9 Oregon defeats Oregon State 49-21
Oregon State flanker James Rodgers did not suit up because of a left ankle injury. The Civil War was to be the final game of a college career with some great moments and a severe injury.
In 2007, Rodgers scored on a fly sweep in overtime to give the Beavers a 38-31 victory in the Civil War. Oregon State has not defeated their in-state rival since then.
Rodgers was a fifth-year senior this season coming off a pair of knee surgeries.
Oregon linebacker Dewitt Stuckey (shoulder) and end Dion Jordan (ankle) both played against Oregon State after leaving with injuries against USC.
The Ducks have won four straight Civil Wars. Oregon’s winning streak in the series is its longest since 1994-97.
Last weekend’s loss to USC at Autzen Stadium snapped a 21-game winning streak at home and a 19-game win streak in conference games. The Ducks haven’t lost two straight at home since 2002.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick's parade that won't allow gays
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- BRUCE: The power of bossy
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014