- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
N.Y. holiday windows: Stores’ gift to the city
Question of the Day
The story, which moves from window to window, starts with a mysterious ship that is headed to the North Pole but takes a few detours by the Tree of Wishes and a wish factory before reaching its destination.
• Bergdorf Goodman: Bergdorf always weaves high fashion into its holiday story, but this year it shares the coveted Fifth Avenue space with wild animals visiting the urban jungle.
The theme of “Carnival of the Animals” puts a black-and-white lace gown by Marchesa within striking distance of a life-sized paper zebra, ostrich, panda bear, aardvark and peacock.
A tropical forest made of metals and mirrors is home to a giant brass birdcage and a dress by Naeem Khan, and a mannequin modeling J. Mendel’s gown surrounds herself with polar bears, a moose, wolves, a seal and a mountain goat.
• Barneys New York: To support Gaga’s Workshop, a special Lady Gaga-themed in-store shop, the windows depict four themes: Gaga Constellation, Gaga Machine, Gaga’s Boudoir and Gaga’s Crystal Cave.
TWT Video Picks
By Richard Rahn
Treaty would let tyrants peer into Americans' financial information
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq