- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Jaguars coach Del Rio fired; franchise is sold
Del Rio’s job security had been tenuous since majority owner Wayne Weaver said the coach needed to make the playoffs to secure a 10th season in Jacksonville. The Jaguars essentially were eliminated with Sunday’s 20-13 loss to AFC South-leading Houston.
NFL puts its foot down and sits Suh for two games
ALLEN PARK, Mich. — Ndamukong Suh’s stomp will cost him two games without pay. It may cost the Lions more than that.
The NFL suspended Detroit’s All-Pro defensive tackle on Tuesday for roughing Green Bay Packers guard Evan Dietrich-Smith in front of a national television audience during a loss Thanksgiving Day. Before the stomp, Suh shoved Dietrich-Smith’s helmet into the turf.
Suh will miss Sunday night’s game at New Orleans and a Dec. 11 home game against Minnesota, with the Lions desperately trying to keep pace in the NFC. He won’t be reinstated until Dec. 12.
Suh has three days to appeal the suspension.
It was the reigning Defensive Rookie of the Year’s fifth violation of on-field rules in his first two years in the NFL.
He leads the league with nine personal fouls since 2010, according to STATS LLC.
Steelers’ Polamalu should be fine to play Sunday
PITTSBURGH — All-Pro free safety Troy Polamalu is free of concussion symptoms and “all things are positive” for the AFC North showdown with the Cincinnati Bengals, coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday.
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- House defeats Democrats' attempt to rebuke Issa
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Obama slaps Putin with sanctions, restrictions on visas
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Rutgers professors to Condi Rice: Go home, and take your speech with you
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again