- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Maple Leaf Gardens to host college hockey
TORONTO (AP) - Toronto’s storied Maple Leaf Gardens will resound again with the clash of sticks and pucks as the home ice for Ryerson University.
The Gardens will reopen in the spring for the first time since 1999, when the Maple Leafs moved to the Air Canada Centre after nearly seven decades at the old arena.
Though the ice has not been installed, the centerpiece of Ryerson’s new athletic complex was open for a preview Tuesday.
The multi-use Maple Leaf Gardens also will house a grocery store and clothing outlet. The retail space is scheduled to open Wednesday, and the arena in May.
Tie Domi played in the last game the Leafs hosted at the Gardens. He says it’s going to be “a real great destination for downtown Toronto, and I think it revitalizes the whole area.”
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.