You are currently viewing the printable version of this article, to return to the normal page, please click here.

Two more victims die after Sunday house fire in P.G.

Question of the Day

Is it still considered bad form to talk politics during a social gathering?

View results

The mother and aunt of a 6-year-old boy killed in a Lewisdale house fire Sunday have died, a fire official said Tuesday.

The mother, Simone Anne Munroe, 36, died Monday afternoon and the 61-year-old aunt, Janet Assing-Macklin, died Tuesday morning at a hospital. They were being treated for smoke inhalation.

The fire started at about 3:45 a.m. Sunday in a home in the 2400 block of Griffen Street. It is believed to have been caused by an overloaded power strip, Prince George's County Fire/EMS spokesman Mark Brady said. Omari Noel, 6, died from his injuries that morning.

A fourth resident, the boy's grandmother, escaped.

The family has established the Munroe Family Memorial Fund to help offset the damages caused by the fire, and the Lewisdale Elementary School will host a fundraiser on Thursday.

© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
TWT Video Picks