- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Female bank robbery suspect caught after police chase
Question of the Day
The Virginia woman wanted in connection with a string of attempted bank robberies and carjackings was arrested Wednesday after a 12-mile car chase around the Capital Beltway.
Stephanie Schwab, 26 and a former MS-13 gang member, was taken into custody by Fairfax County Police on charges related to bank robbery, carjacking and first-degree assault in Northern Virginia and Baltimore County.
Police said Ms. Schwab was spotted at 1 p.m. after fleeing a BB&T bank in the 6200 block of Old Dominion Drive in McLean when she was denied money by the teller.
Officers followed the blue Ford Escape she was driving on Interstate 495 until it crashed into another vehicle at Old Georgetown Road in Bethesda. No one was injuried.
Police said Ms. Schwab attempted to run away but was caught by an officer.
She was wanted in Fairfax, Prince William and Baltimore counties in connection to crimes committed from Nov. 18 to Nov. 23.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Humanists hit the Hill to press for 'nontheistic' chaplains
- Humanist services lacking in the military, advocates tell Congress
- Islamic State's threats on Christians used to win support of Muslims
- Humanists seek support from Congress on military chaplains
- Higher Ground: Urban Outfitters in hot water over deity duvet
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq