- Sen. Rob Portman: Math is on GOP’s side to win Senate this fall
- Four-time deportee arrested for molesting 9-year-old Texas girl
- Private investigators turn to drones to catch marital cheaters, insurance liars
- Sleep issues can accelerate Alzheimer’s, while mental exercises can delay it, study shows
- IPad metal — nickel — faulted for causing allergic rashes
- Rand Paul to Rick Perry on Iraq: Get some new glasses
- ‘Fact-Checker’ blog takes on Dems for their comments on Hobby Lobby decision
- Babe Ruth’s 1918 contract sells for $1.02M at auction
- Citigroup to pay $7B to settle subprime mortgage case
- Archie to be shot saving gay friend in comic book
Nicki Minaj, Band Perry get best new artist nods
Question of the Day
Country trio the Band Perry and colorful rap queen Nicki Minaj are among the acts nominated for a best new artist Grammy.
The nominations were announced on Wednesday as part of the Recording Academy's annual nominations concert from Los Angeles. Other nominees include Bon Iver, rapper J. Cole and dubstep artist Skrillex.
Folkie singer-songwriter Iver already has two other nominations on the night. He got song and record of the year bids for "Holocene."
Other nominees on the evening include Adele, Mumford & Sons, Katy Perry, Kanye West and Bruno Mars.
Nekesa Mumbi Moody is the AP's music editor. Follow her at http://www.twitter.com/nekesamumbi
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Sen. John McCain on illegal child immigrants: Fly them home, now
- EDITORIAL: The faux farmer in the Senate race in Iowa
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- Eric Holder: 'Racial animus' fuels opposition to Obama and me
- Obama's 'blank check' rejected as border solution
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs