- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Virginia Tech’s David Wilson voted ACC player of the year
The junior from Danville, who is on pace to break the school and ACC single-season rushing mark, was named ACC player of the year Wednesday.
Wilson, the conference’s top offensive player and a unanimous first-team All-ACC selection, beat out Boston College linebacker Luke Kuechly, the ACC’s defensive player of the year, for top honors. Wilson received 18 votes to Kuechly’s nine.
The Hokies have now had the last two ACC players of the year. Quarterback Tyrod Taylor won it last year as a senior.
“A lot of great players have won that award, and I would feel real accomplished by winning that award,” Wilson told reporters Tuesday before the results of the vote were revealed.
Wilson has rushed for 1,595 yards and nine touchdowns this season. He is 61 yards shy of breaking the Tech single-season rushing record of 1,655 set by Ryan Williams in 2009, and he needs 204 yards to break the ACC’s single-season mark of 1,798 set by UVa’s Thomas Jones in 1999.
Those players are all starting in the NFL now. Wilson could join them soon. He hasn’t decided yet about a possible return to Tech next year, but he said Tuesday that he plans to send his paperwork to the NFL’s advisory committee to see where he is projected for this year’s draft.
“Regardless of my decision, I would like to see where I would end up if I was to take that route,” Wilson said.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow