- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Top 25 Preview Capsules
Texas A&M: RB Cyrus Gray. One half of the Aggies’ potent running tandem with Christine Michael, Gray needs only 53 yards rushing to become the fifth A&M player to eclipse 3,000 in his career. He ran for 122 yards in the win over Oklahoma last year, and no opponent has had more against the Sooners since then.
FACTS & FIGURES
Oklahoma had the nation’s longest home winning streak at 39 games before losing to unranked Texas Tech two weeks ago. The Sooners are 75-3 at home under Bob Stoops and haven’t lost consecutive games on Owen Field since 1998, the year before he was hired. … Oklahoma ranks second in the nation in total offense. A&M is seventh. … Oklahoma expects C Ben Habern (forearm) and CB Jamell Fleming (knee) to return from injuries.
No. 10 South Carolina (7-1, 5-1 SEC) vs. No. 8 Arkansas (7-1, 3-1), 7:15 p.m. (ESPN).
Line: Arkansas by 5.
Series: Arkansas leads 12-7.
WHAT’S AT STAKE
The loser of this game leaves with its BCS bowl game hopes likely crushed, while the winner’s hopes remain alive. Alabama and LSU have earned their spots as the conference’s top two teams this season. However, a surprising loss by the loser of that mega-matchup later in the season could open the BCS door for the Razorbacks. A win would move the Gamecocks a step closer to a second straight appearance in the SEC title game, something they can secure with wins over Arkansas and Florida to close out the SEC play.
South Carolina DE Melvin Ingram vs. Arkansas’ offensive line. Ingram has terrorized SEC offenses this season, earning the conference’s Player of the Week honors three times. The senior leads the SEC’s best defense not named Alabama or LSU, one that leads the conference with 16 interceptions. Also, Ingram and fellow defensive lineman Jadeveon Clowney have combined for 10.5 sacks this season. The Razorbacks, meanwhile, have struggled all season to slow opposing pass rushes _ resulting in quarterback Tyler Wilson taking one hit after another. Wilson has remained standing so far, but Arkansas must improve its pass blocking against the Gamecocks for that to remain the case.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
South Carolina: RB Brandon Wilds. With Marcus Lattimore out for the season with a knee injury, Wilds stepped in last week to lead the Gamecocks to a 14-3 win over Tennessee with 137 yards rushing on 28 carries. South Carolina is second in the SEC in rushing with an average of 202 yards per game, and Wilds’ performance as a true freshman allowed coach Steve Spurrier to stick with the game plan that’s worked so far this season.
Arkansas: WR Jarius Wright. Wright has emerged from a talented group of receivers on the Razorbacks to become the top target in the SEC. The senior leads the conference in receptions (44) and receiving yards per game (101.3), but he’ll have his work cut out for him against a South Carolina defense that allows only 135.9 yards passing per game.
FACTS AND FIGURES
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.