- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
Deepak Chopra, brother in book deal with Amazon
NEW YORK (AP) - Amazon.com is adding another high-profile name to its publishing roster.
The literary agent for spiritual doctor Deepak Chopra and his physician brother Sanjiv (Sun-JEEV) Chopra says Amazon will be the publisher for their memoir, “Brotherhood: A Tale of Faith, Big Dreams, and the Power of Persistence.”
Trident Media Group announced the deal Sunday.
Amazon has been steadily expanding its publishing operations. Last month, filmmaker-actress Penny Marshall signed a deal for her memoir. Amazon also has a deal with best-selling, self-help author Timothy Ferris and has started an imprint for science fiction, fantasy and horror.
Amazon won’t be Deepak Chopra’s only publisher. According to Random House Inc. spokesman Stuart Applebaum, Chopra is still under contract for several books. He also has his own imprint at Random House.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.