- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
ROOT: George Costanza for president
‘Seinfeld’ shows the way to save the U.S. economy
Remember “Seinfeld“? It was one of the most successful TV series in the history of American television. The show revolved around Jerry Seinfeld and his buddy George Costanza. George was the ultimate loser. Everything he did was a colossal failure. One day that all changed. George was hired by George Steinbrenner and the world champion New York Yankees. He had hit the lottery - overnight he had an important executive job, big salary and beautiful women.
Seinfeld was in shock. He asked, “George, how did you do it?” “Simple,” George said, “One day I woke up and realized I was the world’s biggest loser. So I decided to do the opposite of everything I’ve ever done - every thought, opinion, decision. Now I just do the opposite. And suddenly, I’m a winner!”
We must follow the same strategy with President Obama. His agenda of big government, big spending, big unions and big debt is driving the American economy to never-before-imagined levels of economic disaster, unemployment, real-estate collapse and small-business failure.
Various liberal, progressive, socialist and Marxist supporters of Mr. Obama ask, “But what would you do differently if you were president?” The answer is simple: It’s the Seinfeld solution. Mr. Obama is a real-life George Costanza. Every decision he makes poisons the U.S. economy and kills jobs. The solution to saving America is whatever Mr. Obama does, do the opposite.
Let’s go down the list:
Mr. Obama spent almost $1 trillion on a failed stimulus and billions more on bailouts of his union buddies at General Motors and Chrysler. Today we have about 2 million fewer jobs than the day Mr. Obama’s stimulus began. We should ban stimulus measures and bailouts. They are nothing more than pork barrel spending to buy votes and reward political class cronies.
Mr. Obama spends his entire working day targeting, demonizing and punishing “the rich.” In a Chicago-style mafia shakedown, he is placing most of the tax burden on small-business owners, who vote overwhelmingly conservative. We should do the opposite. Taxpayers and small-business owners are the heroes of our economy. They create most of the jobs and pay most of the taxes. We should reward and incentivize the taxpayers and job creators with a one-year income tax vacation. The cost would be about the same as Mr. Obama’s failed stimulus fiasco and would turn this economic Armageddon into one of the great economic booms in world history. It would be Ronald Reagan’s tax cuts on steroids.
Mr. Obama has named czars to oversee every aspect of American’s personal and business lives. Instead, we should fire them all and ban the word “czar” forever.
Mr. Obama has dramatically increased the size, scope, power and spending of government, including his Obamacare and financial reform bills. Instead, we should repeal them both and do the opposite: dramatically decrease the size of government and remove regulations that impede job creation.
Mr. Obama wants to spend billions of taxpayer dollars to keep 21 million government employees safely in their jobs. Instead, we should cut overpaid government bureaucrats, cut out entire bloated departments and agencies, freeze all salaries and cut the obscene pensions of government employees that are bankrupting America.
Mr. Obama doesn’t believe in “states’ rights,” ordering the U.S. government to sue the state of Arizona. Instead we should end the lawsuit, secure the borders, enforce immigration law, cut off all entitlements to anyone in the country illegally and respect states’ rights, just as the Constitution demands.
Mr. Obama supports the Federal Reserve and asks the Fed to print ever-more money, devaluing our currency and stealing every American’s savings. Instead, we should audit the Fed and make it transparent and accountable to the people, with an eye toward eliminating it as soon as possible.
Mr. Obama responded to the Gulf oil disaster with an oil-drilling moratorium costing thousands of jobs. The president’s tragic solution makes America more dependent on foreign oil. Instead, we should do the opposite, by encouraging more offshore drilling and reducing regulations so we can produce more domestic energy.
Mr. Obama is adding 18,000 new Internal Revenue Service agents with the implementation of Obamacare. Instead, we should aim to eliminate the IRS and streamline bureaucracy for small business.
Mr. Obama has treated friends such as Israel harshly, while treating evil rulers in Iran, North Korea, Syria, Cuba and Venezuela, who support terrorism, with kid gloves, even bowing down to some. Instead, we should treat friends with respect and not give our enemies the time of day. We should also do what should have been done decades ago: Eliminate foreign aid to despots and adversaries of America across the globe.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Obama slaps Putin with sanctions, restrictions on visas
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- House defeats Democrats' attempt to rebuke Issa
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's flawed Mideast 'peace' plan
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Foreign policy would distract Obama from social hour
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hit Putin where it hurts over Ukraine