- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
Rappers take to mic in Oakland Occupy protest
Question of the Day
Mistah FAB, a star in the West Coast hyphy scene, a local hip hop strain, has been bringing his three-year-old daughter to the protests. He said he was sorry to see that the peaceful shutdown of the Port of Oakland ended in broken shop windows.
“I don’t agree with tearing down your own stuff, in your own city,” said FAB. “Those small business owners work super hard to maintain these things they’ve built. They’re not the one percent.”
Those in the movement’s trenches say they’re glad to see their message has attracted celebrity support, but some financial reinforcements would be nice, too.
“I’m proud that they are participating in the movement, because it’s people who all have a vested interest in the image of Oakland,” said D’Aunta Lewis, a college student who grew up in East Oakland and has been sleeping at the encampment. “But I say, don’t just tweet about it from a distance, buy some tents and show your support.”
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Border Patrol helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- John McCain to Harry Reid: Ill kick the crap out of you
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness from the carpool lane.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow