- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
London hosts Classic Rock honor role for 2011
LONDON (AP) - Kiss co-frontman Gene Simmons is taking center stage at London's Roundhouse as host of the The Classic Rock Role of Honor 2011.
The charismatic rocker says London will become the "center of the rock & roll universe" Wednesday night as musical giants including The Who and Queen roll into town.
The awards ceremony is in its seventh year. In the past, its prestigious Living Legend prize has gone to the likes of Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper and Jimmy Page. This year it's being awarded to the multi-Grammy award-winning guitarist Jeff Beck.
Readers of Classic Rock magazine have been invited to vote for their favorites in 5 categories: Best New Band, Album of the Year, Band of the Year, Film/DVD and Reissue of the Year.
Foo Fighters and Iron Maiden have made the shortlist for the coveted Band of the Year award. They are up against Metallica, Black Country Communion and the Michael Monroe Band.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.