Tuning in to TV

Question of the Day

Is it still considered bad form to talk politics during a social gathering?

View results

Nancy Grace latest ousted from ‘Dancing With the Stars’

Nancy Grace is done with “Dancing With the Stars.”

The attorney and TV personality was dismissed from the ABC ballroom competition Tuesday, one week shy of the show’s semifinals.

Miss Grace said she’s proud of all she accomplished on the show, but she credited her professional partner, Tristan MacManus.

“It’s been all Tristan from the get-go,” she said. She thanked the show’s crew, her family, “and especially you, Tris. Thank you.”

After ruling morning television for 28 years, Regis Philbin (left), the co-host who made performance art of TV gab is exiting "Live! With Regis and Kelly." His last day is Nov. 18. (Associated Press)

Enlarge Photo

After ruling morning television for 28 years, Regis Philbin (left), the co-host ... more >

Rehearsal footage of Miss Grace and Mr. MacManus shown throughout the past several weeks revealed the couple frequently butting heads.

“That was nice,” replied Mr. MacManus, who was newly featured on the show this season. “Thanks for being very welcoming to me and also to Nancy. … We can’t be disappointed to make it this far. From the start, we always said it’s not about being the best, it’s about doing your best.”

Miss Grace came into Tuesday’s episode in last place with 44 points out of 60. On Monday, judge Len Goodman compared her to Cinderella.

“You’ve come to the ball,” he said. “It’s midnight, and it’s time to go home.”

Judges’ scores combined with viewer votes determine which contestant is ousted each week.

The four remaining celebrity dancers — reality star Rob Kardashian, actor and Army veteran J.R. Martinez, TV personality Ricki Lake and soccer star Hope Solo — will compete in the semifinals Monday.

Miss Grace joins seven previously ousted contestants: actor David Arquette, activist Chaz Bono, singer Chynna Phillips, actress Elisabetta Canalis, basketball player Metta World Peace, and TV personalities Kristin Cavallari and Carson Kressley.

‘Deadliest Catch’ crewman airlifted to Alaska clinic

Rescuers flew a member of the cable TV series “Deadliest Catch” fishing crew to a remote clinic in Alaska after he collapsed and showed signs of shock and dehydration on board a fishing vessel in the Bering Sea, the Coast Guard said Tuesday.

The agency didn’t identify the 28-year-old man, but said he’s a crew member of the 150-foot Wizard, part of the hit Discovery Channel reality series that depicts the crab fishing industry in the dangerous waters off Alaska.

Story Continues →

View Entire Story
Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
TWT Video Picks