- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Former Rams first-rounder Adam Carriker has revitalized his career with Redskins
“Anybody that knows Adam knows he will work harder than anybody on the team,” Angie Carriker said. “I really think that’s what got him through it. Like, ‘I’m gonna prove you wrong. You made a mistake.’”
That helps him on the outside of the Redskins‘ defensive front. His responsibilities including setting the edge in the run game, keeping offensive linemen from releasing to Washington’s linebackers and rushing the passer in some nickel situations.
He still isn’t the overpowering pass-rushing end he was at Nebraska, but he has an improved outlook now.
“Sometimes I’ll take a chance to try to make a play, but for the most part I try to do my responsibility, and I think the coaches like that and respect that,” Carriker said. “They know I’m going to be in my gap. They know I’m not going to get pushed around. That left side, that’s where all the runs are at. You need a big guy like me.”
That Week 3 contest was a special source of motivation for him. Sunday’s game, he insists, is against any old opponent.
“Last year, I was pretty angry and upset,” Carriker said. “Now I look back on it, I actually wish them the best in every game except for Sunday. I think they did me a favor. It wasn’t working out, and they put me in a much better spot personally. Maybe I should send them a thank you after Sunday.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.