- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
College Football Today
_Nathan Scheelhaase, Illinois, threw for a career-high 391 yards and three TDs, and scored on a 1-yard run with 13 seconds left to lead the No. 24 Illini to a 38-35 comeback win over Northwestern.
_Seth Doege, Texas Tech, passed for 366 yards and three TDs to help the Red Raiders rally from a 20-point deficit to beat Kansas 45-34.
_Tyler Wilson, Arkansas, threw for a school-record 510 yards and three TDs as the No. 18 Razorbacks turned an 18-point halftime deficit into a 42-38 victory over No. 14 Texas A&M.
_Christine Michael, Texas A&M, ran for 230 yards and three TDs in the No. 14 Aggies’ 42-38 loss to No. 18 Arkansas.
_Tyler Bray, Tennessee, threw for 342 yards and four TDs to help the Vols beat Buffalo 41-10.
_Denard Robinson, Michigan, threw two TD passes and ran for another score to lead the No. 19 Wolverines to a 58-0 win over Minnesota.
_Doug Martin, Boise State, ran for 135 yards and two TDs to help the No. 4 Broncos cruise to a 30-3 victory over Nevada.
_J.J. McDermott, SMU, threw four TD passes, including one to open overtime, helping the Mustangs end No. 20 TCU’s 22-game home winning streak with a 40-33 win over the Horned Frogs.
_Pushaun Brown, Maine, rushed for a career-high 193 yards and three TDs in a 31-17 win over Delaware.
_Collin Klein, Kansas State, threw for 146 yards and two TDs, and added 113 yards and another score on the ground in the Wildcats’ 36-35 win over No. 15 Baylor.
_Connor Kavanaugh, Portland State, rushed for 212 yards and four TDS in a 42-35 win over Idaho State.
_Alex Carder, Western Michigan, threw for a career-high 479 yards and five TDs in a 38-31 win over Connecticut.
_Marshall Lobbestael, Washington State, threw for 376 yards and three TDs to lead the Cougars to a 31-27 comeback win over Colorado.
_Matt Barkley, Southern California, passed for a school-record 468 yards and four TDs to help the Trojans outlast Arizona 48-41.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
Let’s talk about everything, especially the absurdity of it all
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Never apologetic. Never afraid. Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West joins Communities to bring tales from the biggest Foxhole of them all, the one inside the Beltway.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow