- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
West Memphis 3, locked up 18 years, together in NY
Question of the Day
“We’re happy that the men are out of prison,” he said, “but it is a bittersweet ending.”
The film is set to air on HBO in January.
Celebrities such as musicians Eddie Vedder, of Pearl Jam, and Natalie Maines, of the Dixie Chicks, had campaigned for the release of the West Memphis Three, but Monday’s screenings still had to seem like culture shock to them. They talked in an auditorium at HBO’s headquarters while network employees applauded them and were served a catered lunch after the event.
As teenagers, the boys were said to be involved in a satanic cult, and part of the case against them in public opinion was Echols‘ penchant to dress in black clothes. He wore a black shirt, black pants and dark sunglasses to Monday’s news conference.
Still, he said, it was difficult to talk about the case. Misskelley, appearing agitated, left the news conference only a few minutes after it started.
“This case has already eaten up 20 years of our lives,” Echols said. “It is not easy to keep reliving it. It’s a continuing violation, in a way. At the same time, I don’t want the case to be forgotten.”
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors