- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
NASA signs over shuttle title to California museum
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - NASA has transferred ownership of the retired space shuttle Endeavour to a California museum.
A ceremony at the California Science Center Tuesday was attended by several members of Endeavour’s last crew including Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords’ astronaut-husband Mark Kelly.
Endeavour is expected to arrive next year at Los Angeles International Airport and then be towed through the streets to the museum near downtown Los Angeles.
Museum President Jeffrey Rudolph says Endeavour will be housed horizontally in a temporary display until a permanent exhibit is built. Its final position will be vertical, as if it’s ready to launch.
NASA retired the space shuttle fleet in July after three decades of flying. Museums in suburban Washington, D.C., Florida and New York will receive the remaining shuttles and prototype vehicle.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq