- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
SANDS: Enkhbat surge surprises at class championships
1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nf6 5. Nc3 a6 6. Be2 Nbd7 7. f4 e5 8. Nb3 b5 9. O-O Bb7 10. Qd3 Be7 11. a4 b4 12. Nd5 Nxd5 13. exd5 O-O 14. a5 Qc7 15. Be3 Rac8 16. Rac1 Nf6 17. Bb6 Qd7 18. Bf3 Rfe8 19. Rfe1 Bd8 20. Bf2 Ng4 21. Bg3 Bf6 22. Be4 g6 23. f5 Bg5 24. Rcd1 Bf4 25. fxg6 hxg6 26. Bxf4 exf4 27. Bxg6 Ne3 28. Bh7+ Kg7 29. Nd4 Nxd1 30. Rxd1 Rc5 31. Nf5+ Kf8 32. Qh3 Re5 33. Bg6 1-0.
1. d4 e6 2. c4 f5 3. Nc3 Nf6 4. e3 b6 5. Bd3 Bb7 6. f3 Nc6 7. Nge2 Bd6 8. O-O O-O 9. a3 Ne7 10. e4 fxe4 11. fxe4 e5 12. c5 bxc5 13. Qb3+ Kh8 14. Qxb7 Rb8 15. Qxa7 exd4 16. Nb5 Nc6 17. Qa4 Bxh2+ 18. Kxh2 Ng4+ 19. Kg1 Rxf1+ 20. Kxf1 Qh4 21. g3 Qh1+ 22. Ng1 Rf8+ 23. Bf4 Ne3+ 24. Ke2 Qg2+ 25. Ke1 Qxg1+ 26. Kd2 Qxa1 27. Bxe3 dxe3+ 28. Kc3 e2 29. Bxe2 Qe1+ 0-1.
• David R. Sands can be reached at 202/636-3178 or by email at email@example.com.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Raised in Northern Virginia, David R. Sands received an undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia and a master’s degree from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University. He worked as a reporter for several Washington-area business publications before joining The Washington Times.
At The Times, Mr. Sands has covered numerous beats, including international trade, banking, politics ...
- SANDS: Going old school: Big chess milestones for 2014
- SANDS: If you knew Sochi like chess players knew Sochi
- SANDS: Chess champion Magnus Carlsen finally shows a little imperfection
- SANDS: Carlsen, Aronian set the pace at Zurich Chess Challenge
- SANDS: Aronian dominates in Tata kickoff chess tournament
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again