- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
Actress Mia Farrow gives Darfur items to UConn
STORRS, CONN. (AP) - Actress and humanitarian activist Mia Farrow says she has donated videotapes, artifacts and other items from her advocacy in Sudan's Darfur region to the University of Connecticut.
Farrow, a Connecticut resident, tells The Hartford Courant ( http://bit.ly/n0EEPe) that the items document songs, dances and other rituals that are in danger of being lost as refugees struggled to survive in camps in that African nation.
The 35-hour video collection includes demonstrations of farming methods, children's stories, wedding ceremonies and other traditions among the Darfuris, who have struggled for years against genocide and starvation.
The items are now housed at the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center at UConn and available for viewing by researchers and others interested in the research.
Information from: The Hartford Courant, http://www.courant.com
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.