- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
Eagles’ Nnamdi Asomugha answers critics
Winning takes time, says CB
Question of the Day
• The Redskins have been careful this week to look beyond the Eagles‘ 1-4 record and to praise the talents of Philadelphia’s explosive playmakers. Mike Shanahan was no different when speaking about running back LeSean McCoy.
“Very seldom will I ever say that a guy like McCoy is probably the best back in the league. You can argue if it’s [Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian] Peterson or it’s him,” he said. “I know one thing: Any time they touch the ball, they’ve got a chance to go the distance. Not too many people can do that.”
• Shanahan earlier this season said the team’s indoor practice facility was scheduled to be completed by Nov. 1. Given that construction still appears to be in the early phases, though, that deadline might not be met.
“To be honest with you, I don’t think I’ve ever seen as much rain in a three-week, four-week time period in my life, even if you’re in Seattle,” Shanahan said. “And I know one thing about construction: You cannot lay a foundation if it’s raining outside. So there’s nothing we can do about it.”
• Receiver Anthony Armstrong (hamstring), tight end Chris Cooley (knee), running back Tim Hightower (left shoulder) and cornerback Phillip Buchanon (neck) were limited in practice. Fullback Darrel Young (hamstring) fully participated.
Rich Campbell contributed to this report.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Carla Peay keeps you up to date on the Washington Wizards and the NBA.
- John Wall’s practice session includes contact
- Chris Singleton falls out of Wizards' rotation
- Wizards can't sustain solid start, fall to Mavericks
- Kevin Seraphin gets some tough love from his 'big brothers'
- Wizards' Randy Wittman desires healthier team in 2013
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay comments
- Obama's own panel rips NSA spying on phone calls of Americans
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- President gets budget win -- but only by staying out of negotiations
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Right-brain investing in a left-brain world. You can do it. I can help.
News and views on the Civil War.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow