- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
Huskers lose DT Crick for season
LINCOLN, NEB. (AP) - No. 14 Nebraska has lost defensive tackle Jared Crick for the season with a torn pectoral muscle.
Coach Bo Pelini disclosed the severity of the injury Wednesday as the Huskers (5-1, 1-1 Big Ten) head into their bye week.
Crick, a 6-foot-6, 285-pound senior from Cozad, Neb., was seventh on the defense with 22 tackles this season, including a sack. He ranks eighth on the Nebraska career sacks list with 20, including 9.5 in both 2009 and 2010.
Crick played in five games this season, but didn’t suit up against Wyoming on Sept. 24 after suffering an unspecified injury against Washington a week earlier.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.