- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Steelers RB Mendenhall ‘ready to go’
Question of the Day
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall will start on Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars after missing a game due to a hamstring injury.
Mendenhall, who had 1,273 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns for the AFC champions last season, was a full participant in practice for Pittsburgh Wednesday and Thursday. When asked if Isaac Redman would make his second consecutive start, offensive coordinator Bruce Arians replied, "Rashard's the man. He's ready to go."
Redman had 49 rushing yards in his first NFL start against Tennessee _ a 38-17 win _ and Jonathan Dwyer had 107 yards in his second career game. Third-down back Mewelde Moore (ankle) also sat out vs. the Titans, and he has not practiced this week.
Arians also said that Jonathan Scott would start at right tackle. Pittsburgh's former starting left tackle took over on the right side when rookie Marcus Gilbert aggravated a shoulder injury Sunday.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Michael Moore, movie-making critic of capitalism, has nine homes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq