- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: ‘Bravo Zulu’ to Times’ opinion
Question of the Day
The Washington Times’ editors may know that the highest accolade in the U.S. Navy is two simple words: “Well done.” They may not know that the flag-hoist signal for this phrase is “Bravo Zulu.” Friday’s Commentary section contained three columns that individually and collectively deserve that accolade: “Song of the shopkeeper” and, under the shared headline “American’s moment of truth,” two with the subheads “Only tough leadership can save economy” and “The last conservative, Pat Buchanan.”
I suggest The Washington Times assemble these pieces into a simple pamphlet and shower them on the “Occupy Wall Street” bunch wherever and whenever these people assemble. A “Bravo Zulu” to the editors at your newspaper, the authors of these pieces and to Pat Buchanan, whose book I am downloading and will begin reading shortly.
GEORGE F. STEEG
Potomac Falls, Va.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Most Americans get their kicks from their own game
Get Breaking Alerts
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Tiger Woods' swing changes have hurt his game, Paul Azinger says
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- GOP aims to sue Obama first over health care employer mandate
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: America: Land of the free no more?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Wage-theft by employers needs legislative remedy
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Douglass would abhor affirmative action
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's voter bloc of 'entitlement' illegals