- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
LeBron James takes his talents to Liverpool
LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND (AP) - LeBron James took his talents to Liverpool on Friday _ and finally got his hands on a championship trophy.
The Miami Heat star toured the Premier League club’s facilities for the first time since becoming a shareholder of the 18-time English champions. James held up the Champions League trophy won by Liverpool in 2005 and posted a picture on Twitter of a red No. 6 jersey with his name on it.
“Jersey ready for the big match 2morrow,” James tweeted.
Liverpool’s official website said James held up the Champions League trophy won by Liverpool in Istanbul, Turkey, and was told about the team’s rally from 3-0 down at halftime to beat AC Milan on penalties.
“That is an amazing trophy! Can I hold it up?” James said.
James brought the club store “to a standstill,” the website said, after spending 20 minutes shopping for scarves and clothes for his two young sons back home.
The superstar caused laughter among the fans by attempting to ‘shoot’ a small LFC soccer ball into a basket 10 yards away. He missed.
James will not be joined at the match by Liverpool’s principal owner John Henry, who is dealing with the Boston Red Sox’ failure to make the playoffs.
In April, James obtained a small stake in Fenway Sports Group, which owns Liverpool and the Red Sox.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow