- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Will Montgomery acing new job as Redskins’ center
Golf game sheds light into his competitive nature
Question of the Day
Lichtensteiger, who usually scores in the high-90s, recited Montgomery’s on-course shenanigans. Intentionally casting his shadow over the cup when another person is putting. Standing two feet from the hole in Virginia Tech-logoed golf shoes and tucked-in polo shirt and wriggling his body when the opponent needs to sink a short putt.
Back in the locker room, Lichtensteiger, standing 6-foot-2 and 292 pounds, demonstrated the wriggle.
“There’s no golf etiquette with that guy,” he said.
But there is Montgomery’s day job at center, no branch-heaving required.
Rich Campbell contributed.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- FENNO: Indignation is all Mike Shanahan has left
- FENNO: Honestly, Mike Shanahan, why should we believe you now?
- Robert Griffin III surprised at being benched by Mike Shanahan
- FENNO: High schooler Chris Cotillo balances MLB scoops, Spanish homework
Latest Blog Entries
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- EDITORIAL: Red faces at the White House
- Outrage over Phil Robertson suspension, 'malignant' political correctness
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- PRUDEN: 'Tis the season for apologies
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow