- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
College Football Today
Question of the Day
_J.J. McDermott, SMU, threw for 358 yards and two TDs in a 38-17 victory over UCF.
_Riley Nelson, BYU, threw for 217 yards and three TDs, and rushed for 87 yards to lead the Cougars over Oregon State 38-28.
_Jeremy Smith, Oklahoma State, ran for 140 yards and scored on two long TDs runs on seven carries to help the No. 6 Cowboys beat No. 22 Texas 38-26.
_Keith Price, Washington, threw for 257 yards and had four first-half TD passes in an impressive 52-24 rout of Colorado.
_Josh McGregor, Jacksonville, threw for 346 yards and five TDs in a 50-14 win over Morehead State.
_James Franklin, Missouri, accounted for 373 yards and five TDs as the Tigers routed Iowa State 52-10.
_Chris Lum, Lehigh, threw for 413 yards and three TDs in a 34-12 win over Fordham.
_Jacory Harris, Miami, passed for 267 yards and three TDs to help the Hurricanes beat North Carolina 30-24.
_Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M, threw for 415 yards and a career-high six TDs to lead the No. 21 Aggies to a 55-28 win over No. 20 Baylor.
_Robert Griffin III, Baylor, threw for a school-record 430 yards and three TDs in a 55-28 loss to No. 21 Texas A&M.
_Collin Klein, Kansas State, ran for three TDs and threw for another as the No. 17 Wildcats came back to beat Texas Tech 41-34.
_Seth Doege, Texas Tech, threw for 461 yards and a touchdown in a 41-34 loss to No. 17 Kansas State.
_Aaron Murray, Georgia, threw for 326 yards and three TDs as the Bulldogs held off Vanderbilt 33-28.
_Andrew Luck, Stanford, threw for 336 yards and had two third-quarter TD passes to Levine Toilolo as the No. 7 Cardinal beat Washington State 44-14 to extend the nation’s longest winning streak to a school-record 14 consecutive games.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq