- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
College Football Today
_J.J. McDermott, SMU, threw for 358 yards and two TDs in a 38-17 victory over UCF.
_Riley Nelson, BYU, threw for 217 yards and three TDs, and rushed for 87 yards to lead the Cougars over Oregon State 38-28.
_Jeremy Smith, Oklahoma State, ran for 140 yards and scored on two long TDs runs on seven carries to help the No. 6 Cowboys beat No. 22 Texas 38-26.
_Keith Price, Washington, threw for 257 yards and had four first-half TD passes in an impressive 52-24 rout of Colorado.
_Josh McGregor, Jacksonville, threw for 346 yards and five TDs in a 50-14 win over Morehead State.
_James Franklin, Missouri, accounted for 373 yards and five TDs as the Tigers routed Iowa State 52-10.
_Chris Lum, Lehigh, threw for 413 yards and three TDs in a 34-12 win over Fordham.
_Jacory Harris, Miami, passed for 267 yards and three TDs to help the Hurricanes beat North Carolina 30-24.
_Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M, threw for 415 yards and a career-high six TDs to lead the No. 21 Aggies to a 55-28 win over No. 20 Baylor.
_Robert Griffin III, Baylor, threw for a school-record 430 yards and three TDs in a 55-28 loss to No. 21 Texas A&M.
_Collin Klein, Kansas State, ran for three TDs and threw for another as the No. 17 Wildcats came back to beat Texas Tech 41-34.
_Seth Doege, Texas Tech, threw for 461 yards and a touchdown in a 41-34 loss to No. 17 Kansas State.
_Aaron Murray, Georgia, threw for 326 yards and three TDs as the Bulldogs held off Vanderbilt 33-28.
_Andrew Luck, Stanford, threw for 336 yards and had two third-quarter TD passes to Levine Toilolo as the No. 7 Cardinal beat Washington State 44-14 to extend the nation’s longest winning streak to a school-record 14 consecutive games.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again