- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Environmental Media Association honors green shows
BURBANK, CALIF. (AP) - The Environmental Media Association has recognized six Hollywood productions for spreading the word about going green.
Warner Bros.‘ animated “Yogi Bear” and the documentary “Revenge of the Electric Car” were honored Saturday night at the group’s 21st anniversary party and awards ceremony at Warner Bros. Studios in Burbank, Calif.
TV’s “Futurama,” “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” “HGTV Green Home 2011,” “Real Time with Bill Maher” and the childrens’ show “Bubble Guppies” also won awards for raising awareness about environmental issues.
Justin Timberlake accepted EMA’s Futures Award for his ecological efforts, which include advocacy for environmental issues, greening his concert tours and the eco-friendly golf course he owns near Memphis.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- PIPES: Islam's inadvertent adverse effects on adherents
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again