- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
NFL Today, Week 6
Question of the Day
Monday, Oct. 17
Miami (0-4) at New York Jets (2-3), 8:30 p.m. EDT.
The winless Dolphins come off a bye and are without QB Chad Henne, who underwent shoulder surgery and is gone for the season. New York has lost three in a row and has had locker room issues.
_ Josh Freeman, Buccaneers, was 23 of 41 for 303 yards and two touchdowns in Tampa Bay’s 26-20 win over New Orleans.
_ Andy Dalton, Bengals, was 25 of 32 for 264 yards and a TD as Cincinnati kept Indianapolis winless with a 27-17 victory.
_ Joe Flacco, Ravens, passed for 305 yards to help Baltimore top Houston 29-14.
_ Tom Brady, Patriots, overcame three interceptions by throwing for 289 yards and two TDs, including the go-ahead score to Aaron Hernandez with 22 seconds left in New England’s 20-16 win over Dallas.
_ Rashard Mendenhall, Steelers, ran for 146 yards and a TD on 23 carries in Pittsburgh’s 17-13 win over Jacksonville.
_ Frank Gore, 49ers, had 141 yards rushing and a score on 15 attempts _ a 9.4-yard average _ as San Francisco topped previously undefeated Detroit 25-19.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq