- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
Carter injured, Calvert sent down
Question of the Day
COLUMBUS, OHIO (AP) - Jeff Carter, the Columbus Blue Jackets’ major offseason acquisition, has a hairline crack on the top of his right foot and may be held out of Tuesday’s home game against Dallas.
The club listed him as day to day.
In addition, general manager Scott Howson announced on Monday that forward Matt Calvert has been assigned to the Blue Jackets’ American Hockey League affiliate in Springfield, Mass.
The 21-year-old Calvert has one assist and two penalty minutes and is plus-1 in five games with the Blue Jackets this season. He made his NHL debut last season on Jan. 7 at Anaheim and ended up with 11 goals and nine assists and was plus-3 in 42 games with Columbus.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq