- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Question of the Day
Epstein slow in making appearance in Chicago
CHICAGO — There is still no sign of Theo Epstein in Chicago. It has been more than a week since word leaked that Epstein was headed to Chicago to join the Cubs after nine years with the Boston Red Sox.
It may take even longer for an official announcement. Major League Baseball prohibits major news announcements during the World Series, which kicks off Wednesday in St. Louis as the Cardinals host the Texas Rangers in Game 1.
A person familiar with the negotiations has told The Associated Press that Epstein has agreed to a contract with the Cubs with a year left on his general manager contract in Boston.
The person says compensation issues must be worked out.
Auburn switching QBs for clash with No. 1 LSU
The sophomore took over for the 19th-ranked Tigers in the second half of last week’s victory over Florida. He has attempted only nine career passes, completing four.
This marks the third straight week LSU will face a team with a new starting quarterback. Florida and Tennessee had to switch starters after injuries.
• Tulane coach Bob Toledo resigned, and former offensive line coach Mark Hutson was named interim coach for the Gree Wave’s remaining six games.
Hutson was the interim head coach at Eastern Illinois in 2006. Toledo, 65, took over at Tulane in 2007 and was 13-35 in his first four years.
About the Author
- VIDEO: Emily Miller on CNBC on Obamacare leaving more people losing insurance than new enrollees
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- EDITORIAL: The piano police
- EDITORIAL: Obama's veiled threat
- EDITORIAL: The trouble with trolls
Latest Blog Entries
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Chris Matthews: GOP less patriotic than South African white apartheid leaders
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!