- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
Game Balls, Gassers and Observations: Redskins-Eagles — Defense
Rushed 4 defenders, he was 9 of 15 for 110 yards, an interception and a sack; passer rating of 54.9.
Rushed 5, he was 8 of 10 for 109 yards, a touchdown and a sack; passer rating of 145.4. He also scrambled twice for 56 yards.
Rushed 6 or more defenders, he was 1 of 6 for 18 yards; a passer rating of 39.6.
So perhaps we’ll see the Redskins adopt a more aggressive approach in January’s rematch. Then again, defensive coordinatorJim Haslett likely will be OK with giving up only 20 points.
Washington showed an 8-man front on eight plays, six of which were passes. Philadelphia was 2-of-6 for 6 yards and a touchdown on those plays. The Redskins blitzed all eight defenders only once, though. They rushed four once, five twice, six once and seven once.
Still, the alignment forced Philadelphia to burn a time out in the first half, and QB Michael Vick hurried multiple throws against it, resulting in some inaccurate passes.
WR Jason Avant beat CB Kevin Barnes’ jam attempt on fourth-and-2 on Philadelphia’s first touchdown drive. He released quite easily on a slant and converted with an 18-yard reception. Barnes ran forward to press Avant just before the snap, and his forward momentum probably worked against him. Meanwhile, ILB Rocky McIntosh eyed QB Michael Vick and blitzed when Vick set to pass in the pocket. That left the middle open for an easy throw to Avant.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again