- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Inquiry into Gray campaign allegations heating up
Mayor denies link to consultant
Mrs. Cheh’s committee substantiated the finding that money passed from Mr. Brooks to Mr. Brown in a report issued in August but stopped well short of saying the mayor authorized, or even knew of, the payments.
“There is clear evidence that Mr. Brown received money from persons associated with the Gray campaign,” the report said. “Bank records corroborate Mr. Brown’s claim that he received at least $1,160 in money orders from Mr. Brooks. Yet, there is no evidence, other than Mr. Brown’s own testimony to substantiate his additional claims that he received thousands of dollars from Mr. Brooks and that Mayor Gray personally approved these payments.”
For now, everyone is waiting on the U.S. attorney to act.
“All I know is, whatever they do, I hope they do it with some dispatch,” Mrs. Cheh said. “Because we cannot continue to operate under this cloud, this feeling of impending doom. It’s getting in the way of things.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Tom Howell Jr. covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Most Americans OK with Obamacare contraception mandate: study
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan affirmative action ban
- Sebelius not running for Senate, HHS confirms: Report
- Red fox makes a home for himself at the White House: Report
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014