- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
Prequel to ‘Peter Pan’ heading to Broadway
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - A prequel to “Peter Pan” is flying to Broadway.
Producers Nancy Nagel Gibbs and Greg Schaffert said Wednesday that “Peter and the Starcatcher,” the first play commissioned by Disney, will be staged in the spring. It was last seen off-Broadway at the New York Theatre Workshop, where it earned five Drama Desk nominations.
The cast and theater will be announced later. When it was off-Broadway, it starred Christian Borle, who is to appear on the NBC series “Smash,” and Adam Chanler-Berat, who is currently starring in the off-Broadway revival of “Rent” at New World Stages.
The play is written by Tony Award nominee Rick Elice, and co-directed by Roger Rees, who is now starring in “The Addams Family,” and Alex Timbers, who directed “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson.” Twelve actors play some 50 characters.
The madcap look at Peter Pan’s background is based on the novel of the same name by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. An early version was staged at the La Jolla Playhouse in the winter of 2009.
It’s the latest success for Disney, whose musical adaptation of the 1992 film “Newsies” has also become a hit at the Paper Mill Playhouse in Millburn, N.J.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq