- White House: Obamacare didn’t matter in Florida special election
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Gas blast destroys 2 N.Y. buildings; 6 people dead
- Suspected drunken driver kills 2 at South by Southwest festival, police say
- Student protester shot, killed amid Venezuela unrest
- ‘Between Two Ferns’ director rushes to Obama’s defense, blasts O’Reilly
- Marine springs into action, runs down and tackles alleged Boston purse snatcher
- Education Department botching loan-amnesty program: GAO review
- Snowden: NSA uses fake Facebook to hack into users’ computers
- Tearin’ up my tweet: ‘N Sync’s Lance Bass promotes wrong Obamacare website
Prequel to ‘Peter Pan’ heading to Broadway
NEW YORK (AP) - A prequel to “Peter Pan” is flying to Broadway.
Producers Nancy Nagel Gibbs and Greg Schaffert said Wednesday that “Peter and the Starcatcher,” the first play commissioned by Disney, will be staged in the spring. It was last seen off-Broadway at the New York Theatre Workshop, where it earned five Drama Desk nominations.
The cast and theater will be announced later. When it was off-Broadway, it starred Christian Borle, who is to appear on the NBC series “Smash,” and Adam Chanler-Berat, who is currently starring in the off-Broadway revival of “Rent” at New World Stages.
The play is written by Tony Award nominee Rick Elice, and co-directed by Roger Rees, who is now starring in “The Addams Family,” and Alex Timbers, who directed “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson.” Twelve actors play some 50 characters.
The madcap look at Peter Pan’s background is based on the novel of the same name by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. An early version was staged at the La Jolla Playhouse in the winter of 2009.
It’s the latest success for Disney, whose musical adaptation of the 1992 film “Newsies” has also become a hit at the Paper Mill Playhouse in Millburn, N.J.
TWT Video Picks
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- John Kerry says any resumption of aid to Egypt would depend on reforms in Cairo
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again