- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Injured Steelers are Mendenhall, Smith, Harrison
Question of the Day
HOUSTON (AP) - Pittsburgh defensive end Aaron Smith and running back Rashard Mendenhall have left the Steelers' game against Houston with injuries, joining injured linebacker James Harrison.
Smith injured his foot and was carted from the sideline to the locker room. Mendenhall scored on a 3-yard run in the third quarter. He didn't appear to be injured on the play, but was replaced by Isaac Redman on the next series.
The team says Smith's return is doubtful and Mendenhall's is questionable.
Harrison left Sunday's game with an an apparent eye injury in the second quarter. He was injured in a collision with a Houston player in the second quarter. He left the field after the play and television shots showed him shaking his head on the bench.
The team said his return was questionable.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq