- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Top cable programs for Oct. 10-16
Rankings for the top 15 programs on cable networks as compiled by Nielsen for the week of Oct. 10-16. Day and start time (EDT) are in parentheses:
1. NFL Football: Miami at N.Y. Jets (Monday, 8:30 p.m.), 11.76 million homes, 16.37 million viewers.
2. "Jersey Shore" (Thursday, 10 p.m.), MTV, 4.68 million homes, 6.47 million viewers.
3. "Walking Dead" (Sunday, 9 p.m.), AMC, 4.54 million homes, 7.25 million viewers.
4. MLB National League Championship Series: Milwaukee at St. Louis (Thursday, 7:57 p.m.), TBS, 4.26 million homes, 5.65 million viewers.
5. MLB National League Championship Series: St. Louis at Milwaukee (Sunday, 7:57 p.m.), TBS, 4.12 million homes, 5.93 million viewers.
6. MLB National League Championship Series: Milwaukee at St. Louis (Friday, 7:57 p.m.), TNT, 3.9 million homes, 5.46 million viewers.
7. College Football: Michigan at Michigan St. (Saturday, 12:01 p.m.), ESPN, 3.76 million homes, 4.77 million viewers.
8. "Sportscenter" (Monday, 11:49 p.m.), ESPN, 3.7 million homes, 4.65 million viewers.
9. "WWE Raw" (Monday, 9 p.m.), USA, 3.46 million homes, 5.37 million viewers.
10. MLB National League Championship Series: Milwaukee at St. Louis (Wednesday, 7:59 p.m.), TBS, 3.17 million homes, 4.28 million viewers.
11. "NCIS" (Wednesday, 8 p.m.), USA, 3.12 million homes, 4.25 million viewers.
12. "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" (Monday, 9 p.m.), E! Entertainment, 3 million homes, 3.97 million viewers.
13. "WWE Raw" (Monday, 10 p.m.), USA, 2.99 million homes, 4.66 million viewers.
14. College Football: Arizona at Oregon (Saturday, 10:26 p.m.), ESPN, 2.86 million homes, 3.86 million viewers.
15. "Real Housewives of New Jersey" (Sunday, 10 p.m.), Bravo, 2.8 million homes, 3.44 million viewers.
USA, Bravo and E! Entertainment are owned by Comcast's NBCUniversal. TBS is owned by Time Warner Inc. ESPN is owned by the Walt Disney Co. MTV is owned by Viacom. AMC is owned by Cablevision Systems Corp.
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again