- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Tuning In to TV
Question of the Day
MTV announces air dates for awards shows
MTV has set the dates for next year’s MTV Movie and Video Music awards shows, the Associated Press reports.
The MTV Movie Awards will air live from Los Angeles on June 3. After an August date in Los Angeles this year, the VMAs will move to Sept. 9. A host city hasn’t been announced. The show will air live on the network.
This year’s VMAs drew an audience of 12.44 million, which gave MTV its biggest audience since 1993.
App lets ‘Sons of Anarchy’ viewers buy while watching
Watching a show about an outlaw motorcycle club apparently has a way of bringing out people’s fashion sense.
News Corp. TV channel FX is teaming up with sister movie studio 20th Century Fox on an iPad app that will follow along during airings of the hit show “Sons of Anarchy” and offer ways to buy products that appear on-screen, according to the Associated Press.
Some of the items include “Gimme Props Reaper Gold Rings,” which are exact replicas of ones used in the biker gang show, and boot-cut jeans from 7 For All Mankind.
The app, called “SOA Gear,” is set to launch Nov. 1, the same day the ninth episode of the current fourth season will air. The app also will work with Blu-ray discs of season three.
The app follows along by picking up on audio clues in the show, or through a timer the user can start when the show begins. Alternatively, users can flip through offerings manually.
• Compiled from Web and wire reports
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors