- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
- WestJet grants Christmas wishes for 250 airline passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
- NTSB hearing on San Francisco airliner crash postponed
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford insists he has dried out, vows sobriety test
- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
10-year-old girl sexually assaulted in P.G.
Police in Prince George’s County are looking for a teen they think sexually assaulted a 10-year-old girl in Temple Hills on Thursday.
The girl was walking in the 3100 block of Scottish Avenue around 5 p.m. when a male grabbed her, forced her into a wooded area along the roadway and assaulted her. Several people in the area heard the girl cry for help and scared the boy away as they looked for her, police said.
The boy is described as black, 14 to 16 years old, approximately 5-feet-five-inches tall with a closely shorn haircut and last seen wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and red-and-white shoes.
County police are asking residents to report any suspicious activity they may have seen in the area and are reminding parents to tell their children to walk in well-lit areas and in groups when possible.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Snow, ice leave thousands without power in D.C. area
- D.C. police officer linked to prostitution ring
- Wal-Mart greets first customers in D.C.
- No money sought for new D.C. firetrucks deemed 'oversight'
- Vincent Gray's scandals promise to tangle D.C. mayoral campaign
Latest Blog Entries
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- PRUDEN: Waiting for Nelson Mandela without the tears
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- Oregon fails to sign up single person on health care website as states struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Notes from a running nerd: musings and more on all things running.
NFL junkie Eric Golub reports on his favorite obsession. There is no football offseason. Every February he pretends to care about other sports while sobbing uncontrollably each Sunday until September.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow