LONDON (AP) - A person familiar with the situation says Manchester City has accepted Carlos Tevez’s insistence that he did not refuse to enter as a substitute during a Champions League game.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press because the team investigation is continuing. Tevez is attending a disciplinary hearing Friday, cited for a lesser infraction of refusing to resume warming up.
City manager Roberto Mancini said Tevez refused to come off the bench during last month’s 2-0 loss at Bayern Munich.
The striker was suspended for two weeks during a City investigation. He blamed a misunderstanding, deeming it unnecessary to warm up after saying he had already done so.
By Jay Sekulow
The left's outrage over the IRS turns to a plea to 'move on'
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
A collection of reader guest articles, thoughts and opinions by Communities writers and breaking news and information.
News and opinion from a Millennial Urbanite with Southern sensibilities,
Politics and pop culture from the perspective of an independent hip-hop conservative
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
World's Ugliest Dog Contest
Spelling Bee finale
Marines train Afghan soldiers
Rolling Thunder 2013
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal