- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
EU opens antitrust probe into Novartis, J&J
BRUSSELS (AP) - The European Union is investigating whether drug companies Novartis and Johnson & Johnson colluded to keep a generic painkiller out of the Dutch market, the bloc’s antitrust watchdog said Friday.
The European Commission is assessing whether contractual arrangements between the two companies “may have had the object or effect of hindering the entry on to the market of generic versions of Fentanyl.”
Fentanyl is a strong painkiller for chronic pain.
Novartis spokesman Eric Althoff confirmed the probe, but added “we don’t comment on ongoing procedures.” The Basel-based company reports its third-quarter results Tuesday.
The Commission said the investigation was triggered by its own inquiry into the ability of generics _ cheaper versions of medications that are no longer protected by patents _ to enter the market.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.