- Sen. Rob Portman: Math is on GOP’s side to win Senate this fall
- Four-time deportee arrested for molesting 9-year-old Texas girl
- Private investigators turn to drones to catch marital cheaters, insurance liars
- Sleep issues can accelerate Alzheimer’s, while mental exercises can delay it, study shows
- IPad metal — nickel — faulted for causing allergic rashes
- Rand Paul to Rick Perry on Iraq: Get some new glasses
- ‘Fact-Checker’ blog takes on Dems for their comments on Hobby Lobby decision
- Babe Ruth’s 1918 contract sells for $1.02M at auction
- Citigroup to pay $7B to settle subprime mortgage case
- Archie to be shot saving gay friend in comic book
Rangers unlikely to steal a win from Cards’ Lohse
Question of the Day
The AL championship trophy. And “The Best of Soul Train,” a boxed set of DVDs.
“Thank (team broadcaster) Eric Nadel for the Soul Train tapes, and thank the players in that clubhouse for the trophy,” Washington said.
So, which did he prize the most?
“Soul Train,” he said, laughing. Then Washington did his best Don Cornelius imitation and roared, “Sooooouuuuuuuulllllllllll Train!”
CEREMONIAL LINEUP: The Texas Rangers have announced a pitching rotation featuring Dirk Nowitzki, former President George W. Bush, Nolan Ryan, Roger Staubach and former Rangers left-hander Kenny Rogers.
Nowitzki, Bush and Staubach will throw out the ceremonial pitches before Games 3, 4 and 5 of the World Series. Ryan will catch Bush’s toss, and Rogers will receive from Staubach. Rangers star Michael Young will be Nowitzki’s catcher.
RATINGS REPORT: Texas’ 2-1 victory in Game 2 on Fox on Thursday night got an 8.9 rating and 14 share, up 5 percent from the 8.5/14 for San Francisco’s 9-0 win over the Rangers in the second game last year. It marked the first time in four years that Game 2 received a higher rating than the opener.
Through two games the Series is averaging an 8.8/14, up 1 percent from an 8.7/15 last year.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Sen. John McCain on illegal child immigrants: Fly them home, now
- EDITORIAL: The faux farmer in the Senate race in Iowa
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- Eric Holder: 'Racial animus' fuels opposition to Obama and me
- Obama's 'blank check' rejected as border solution
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs