- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror plotter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
Bielema criticized for making right call
With Texas Tech up 31-14 in the third quarter, Tuberville passed on a 23-yard field-goal attempt and went for it fourth-and-1 at the 6 when he should have been padding his lead.
Later in the third, with Texas Tech facing fourth-and-4 at its own 41 and leading 31-17, Tuberville called for a fake punt that didn’t work. Again, the Red Raiders were giving the lagging Sooners life.
In the end it all worked out for Texas Tech and Tuberville could smile if asked about some of those moves and simply say, `We won.’
It won’t be so easy for Bielema to defend himself.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
If former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach can’t land another college gig, maybe he could become a full-time author.
Leach has another book available called “Sports For Dorks. He co-authored that one with Ferhat Guven, a real estate investor and graduate of Texas Tech and the London Business School.
Leach is keeping busy but he wants to get back into college football. Unless his lawsuit against Texas Tech, which fired him after he was accused of mistreating a player, gets in the way, there should be opportunities.
Arizona is already open and UCLA’s Rick Neuheisel seems to be on his way out. Leach always seemed as if he would be a good fit in the Pac-12 with his wide-open offense and atypical _ for a football coach _ interests.
Another possible spot is Mississippi if the Rebels part ways with Houston Nutt
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- PRUDEN: Missing airliner, stolen passports fuel wild speculation
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Obamacare enrollment hits 4.2 million, but slowing
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again